At Reliable Heating & Air, we pride ourselves on honest, reliable work. So whether your ductless mini split is making a strange noise or not turning on at all, our Atlanta techs will thoroughly inspect your system to find the problem—and fix it fast.
- Diagnosing the problem: $89
- Price starting at: $145
- Average time to complete: 30 minutes to 3 hours
Cost of a ductless mini split repair in Atlanta
- Low: $145
- Average: $585
- High: $1,565
Common ductless mini split repair costs
What you’ll pay to repair your ductless AC depends mainly on the part that needs to be repaired or replaced.
To give you a better idea of what you could pay, we’ve listed the costs of some common ductless mini split AC repairs we see in the Atlanta area:
- Compressor replacement: $600–$1,000+
- Blower motor replacement: $275–$640
- Refrigerant leak repair/recharge: $220–$820
- Capacitor replacement: $110–$260
- Thermostat repair/replacement: $80–$290
While the part that’s damaged will drive your repair cost, it will also depend on whether:
- You choose OEM or aftermarket parts. You’ll pay more for OEM (original equipment manufacturer) parts than you will for aftermarket ones. OEM parts are ones made by the manufacturer. For example, if you have a Mitsubishi ductless mini split heat pump, an OEM part would be one made by Mitsubishi specifically for your unit’s make and model. While OEM parts are more expensive, they’re also tested for safety and won’t void your warranty like aftermarket parts could.
- Your unit is still under warranty. If your ductless mini split AC is still under warranty, that could significantly cut down your repair cost. Expensive parts, like the compressor, normally come with a separate, stronger warranty than smaller, more affordable parts. That means that if your compressor dies under warranty, the manufacturer will cover the cost to replace it. The company that installed your ductless system should be able to tell you whether your manufacturer or labor warranty is still valid.