After the expiration of the complimentary service agreement, should the customer choose to continue the maintenance agreement with Reliable at current market price, we will provide a parts and labor warranty for 10 years. This warranty can be transferred to a new owner, so long as the agreement is in effect at the time of sale and for a minimal price.
Customers purchasing a complete system receive a complimentary one year Preferred Customer Service Agreement, which includes 2 planned maintenance check ups per calendar year at 6 month intervals.Maintenance visits should be scheduled in 6 month intervals. The complimentary visits expire 18 months from the date of installation.
The 10 year labor warranty becomes null and void if another heating & cooling contractor, or any other person or company licensed or unlicensed is hired to repair or maintain the unit.
Coverage applies to mechanical failure of any of the unit’s components and does not cover abuse or acts of God.
- Damage caused by hail, storms, lightning, flooding, fire, fallen trees, power surges, and other external causes or “Acts of God”.
Surge protection is available, please ask your sales representative.
- Damage caused by animals and insects such as corrosion from pet urine, bugs in contactors, chewed wires, creatures stuck in fan blades, birds nests, blocked flues and duct work, etc.
- Breakdowns caused by lack of maintenance such as impacted filters, dirty condenser (outdoor) coils or evaporator (indoor) coils. NOTE: Evaporator coil cleaning is NOT part of planned maintenance.
- Breakdowns caused by wiring or electrical issues in the home unrelated to installation.
- Water leaks from clogged condensate drains are covered for a period of 1 year after installation. Regular maintenance can help prevent most water leaks. Water safety switches have been installed (unless waived by the customer) to shut down your system in the event of an overflow. If these switches have not been installed at the request of the customer, there is no warranty on any water damage.