Whole home generator brands we repair
We repair all major residential backup generator brands, including:
- Briggs & Stratton
- Champion Power Equipment
Don't see your brand? We can probably still repair it. Call us at (770) 594-9969 to find out if we can service your standby generator.
Signs you need a backup generator repair
Your standby backup generator probably needs to be repaired if it:
- Has worn electrical parts. If your generator has buttons that stick, frayed wires or other electrical components that look damaged, expect a repair in the near future. We recommend calling a pro if you see signs of damage, so they can repair your unit before the damage gets worse.
- Struggles to start up.This could mean an issue with the fuel line or electrical system, or could mean the battery is dead or dying. If your generator doesn't start up after multiple tries, you should call a professional electrician to figure out the problem.
- Frequent starting and stopping. If your generator starts but can't keep running for more than a few minutes, the problem could be a number of things, including electrical issues, a dying battery and blocked fuel lines. The problem could also be that your generator is overheating and shutting down as a safety precaution.
- Has a fuel or refrigerant leak. If you see fuel or refrigerant leaking from your generator, you'll want to call for a repair ASAP. You might also notice frequent starting and stopping if your generator has a refrigerant leak.
How to prevent costly home generator repairs
The best thing you can do for your whole home generator is get it serviced regularly. Routine maintenance will make sure all of the generator parts are clean, aligned and working properly. This will help your unit run better and prevents minor issues from turning into expensive repairs.
We recommend getting annual tune-ups, which will normally include a:
- Manual test run
- Voltage output test
- Air filter replacement
- Fuel filter replacement (if applicable)
- Spark plug replacement
- Wiring inspection
- Battery inspection and cleaning
- Equipment cleaning
- Fuel supply line inspection
- Valve adjustment
- Transfer switch test